Leading New Business Development Consultancy Gets Proactive On Employee Health
Alchemis is a leading New Business Development Consultancy for marketing, creative and communication agencies based in West London, with clients all over the UK.
Prevention Better Than Cure
Alchemis invests a considerable amount of resources into the training and development of their employees to ensure their top talent are motivated, healthy and able to perform well in their roles. It is important that Alchemis get on the front foot when it comes to the health and wellbeing of their staff.
Alchemis were looking for a service that gave actionable information to the business on the current state of health of their people. It was also important that the service was cost effective, engaging and led to information that they could use to make a decision on further healthcare provision.
ToHealth provided a trained nurse who visited the Alchemis offices in the west end twice over two days. The nurse conducted health screens, which were made up of a number of components. Including:
- Height/Weight/Waist measurement
- BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Heart & Pulse Rate
- Diabetes /Blood Sugar testing
- Lung function assessment
The Business Benefits
- On site delivery led to minimum time away from desks – uptake was 100%!
- Company report led to Alchemis being able to make choices on further health provision
- Increased staff engagement
- Used as an attractive benefit to potential newemployees
“Although I wouldn’t have considered a health check to be something that a company should have to provide to their employees before I had one done, it’s definitely something that’s made me feel that Alchemis have gone above and beyond what I’d expect from an employer.” Alchemis employee
“It gave me great peace of mind about my general health condition and areas which I could focus more on. Was a great sign to show how much Alchemis care about their staff to be able to provide this for us free of charge.” Alchemis employee
“It’s a good way to get people thinking about their lifestyle and implications on their body, if it wasn’t offered at work, noone would have it as it is not offered at the GPs. It’s important for the country to become healthier” Alchemis employee
Tohealth provided Alchemis with an aggregated report indicating the overall state of health of the organisation. Each individual also received a personalised report that included suggested follow up actions.
Staff And Business Feedback Survey Results
- 100% of take up from employees and professionalism of the nurses at 4 out of 5 or better
- 70% marked at 5 out of 5
- 94% of respondents were very satisfied with the end report
- 70% said a company offering health screenings would be a factor when deciding on a organisation
- 93% said they would like the check to be annual and felt it was important