Purpose of Job:
To provide clinical leadership and manage service delivery of diagnostic and screening services to corporate clients and members of the general public to a high standard to ensure that CQC registration is maintained and standards of health care required by legislation and other appropriate guidance are achieved.
ToHealth have a clinic near Waterloo which provides a number of industry specific medicals and general health surveillance. The organisation also provides corporate health checks and vaccinations on a national basis.
ToHealth have applied for CQC registration to provide diagnostic and screening services to the general public –specifically walk in GP services, blood tests based on phlebotomy and vaccination services from our clinic in London. We also intend to provide health assessment services from locations across the country.
Key Output Areas:
- Management of CQC services and clinical service delivery
- Organising all aspects of clinical practice governance across ToHealth
- Professional guidance and mentorship to clinic based and field staff
- Support sales team in bidding for contracts
- Manage the delivery of a high quality, clinic service and provide a central source of clinical expertise to the company.
- Develop and manage the clinic service strategy, evaluating and planning the services to ensure evidence based, best practice and cost effective interventions.
- Lead on clinical governance in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer providing relevant training and reporting.
- Establish working relationships with the management of 3rd parties who refer work to
ToHealth Clinic and providers who deliver for us
- Supervise a team of field technicians, and the clinic nurses available to the department to ensure service delivery is both efficient and effective, as well as delivering core activities within agreed target times and to required and agreed client employer standards.
- Lead, motivate, support and clinically supervise the clinical team, leading and developing the provision and capability of the function and also actively supporting business objectives.
- Work in conjunction with sales function to maximise the utilisation of ToHealth staff. This may require travel within London and the South East.
- Personally conduct vaccinations and phlebotomy clinics if required
- Set standards for and audit delivery of health screening and health assessments to members of the general public
- Provide assistance to and perform role activities in support of the overall clinical delivery
- Ensure client specific clinical assessment protocols are adhered to and that all paperwork is correctly completed to ensure payment
- Oversee nurses and technicians provid ing the service e.g. apraisng, reviewing and audtting members of staff.
- Deal with escalations, complaints, safe guarding issues, urgent referrals and operational issues.
- Ensure all practices and standards of conduct are to comply with the professional governing body of the NMC
- Maintain up to date knowledge of best practice and legislation with clinical practice, and apply this knowledge to the benefit of the client employer
- Provide clear guidance on managing the Sharps & Splash incidents, ensuring processes are adhered to and employees follow up as appropriate.
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Registered nurse.
- Ideally should have been a registered manager of a CQC registered service, ideally diagnostic and screening or willing to be.
- Must have at least 5 years post qualified experience , 2 years of which in a management / senior role.
- Self-starter and driven individual; someone who motivates themselves and can do so for others.
- Ability to influence senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Evidence of leadership, support and mentoring of a large team on an ongoing basis to achieve high performance and retention but with experience in managing poor performers.
- Defined, implemented & monitored quality procedures within a defined Quality Management System and experienced in the performance of risk assessments.
- A strong familiarity with clinical governance and data protection issues
- Understanding of the clinical health and safety procedures that it is necessary to recreate within a community setting e.g. infection control, waste disposal.
To apply or for more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ToHealth is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual.
Need more information?
If you would like more information on our wider range of services or any additional information in regards to our Working at Height Medical page please do get in touch with us using the below details: