Part time (3 days a week)
Purpose of Job:
To provide occupational services to a variety of corporate clients including health surveillance, management referrals and safety critical worker medicals.
ToHealth have a clinic near Waterloo which provides a number of industry specific medicals and general health surveillance. The organisation also provides health surveillance and other health services on site.
Key Output Areas:
- Delivery of management referrals and pre-placement questionnaires to agreed service levels.
- Organising and delivering health surveillance medicals in clinic and on site.
- Delivering safety critical worker medicals.
- Support sales team in bidding for contracts.
- Advise and support the HR teams of clients in relation to occupational health. In particular, deal with management referrals and escalate to OHP where needed in accordance with ToHealh service level agreements. Service standards and statutory requirements.
- Act as OH lead for ToHealth – advising and supporting the management team in delivery of services
and OH strategy.
- Travel to 2 client sites on a monthly basis.
- Perform health surveillance, issue certificates, and supervise technicians performing surveillance. The bulk of this work will be in the clinic but there is an occasional requirement elsewhere in London or even more occasionally elsewhere in the South East.
- Establish working relationships with the management of 3 who deliver for us.
- Manage own case load.
- Work in conjunction with sales function to maximise the utilisation of ToHealth staff. This may require travel within London and the South East.
- Assess escalated pre-placement questionnaires and manage the process of dealing with these cases.
- Assess management referral cases, write reports and give advice based on best practice.
- Ensure all records are maintained and up to date in line with ToHealth record keeping and information governance standards.
- Perform health surveillance including safety critical worker medicals.
- Maintain competency in conducting assessments, health surveillance immunisation programmes.
- Deal with escalations, complaints, safe guarding issues.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of best practice and legislation with clinical practice, and apply this knowledge to the benefit of the client employer.
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Registered Nurse.
- Hold an OH qualification at certificate, diploma or degree level.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a qualified OHA.
- Sound knowledge of current employment law and health and safety legislation.
- Proficient in audiometry, spirometry, vision screening.
- Previous experience of managing clients and relations in a service context.
- Experience of dealing with complex OH cases.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills with particular emphasis on coaching / counseling skills.
- Defined, implemented & monitored procedures within a defined Quality Management System.
- Familiarity with clinical governance and data protection issues.
- Proficient with IT including clinical systems and Microsoft Office.
To apply or for more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ToHealth is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual.
Need more information?
If you would like more information on our wider range of services or any additional information in regards to our Working at Height Medical page please do get in touch with us using the below details: